Since the Ring's "rebirth" in April of 2000, our panel of voters has endeavored to insure that each site in the ring will present you with unique, relevant, and useful content. This is guaranteed by the site content criteria outlined below; a simple set of standards new sites must meet in order to join the ring.
1. A potential member site should be clearly DEDICATED to an NFL team or related topic, with honest-to-goodness CONTENT. Please, if your NFL page is an afterthought offering little save a few links and borrowed images, don't submit it to the ring.
2. We're looking for INTERESTING sites. What qualities deem a site "interesting?" Opinion, commentary, news, history, trivia, images & other multi-media (to name a few), but above all, originality and tangible CONTENT. If your site possesses many of these qualities, then you're probably a very good candidate for the ring.
3. If your site is "borrowing" images, sound files, or other content which originates from an existing ring member's site, please obtain permission from the source and give proper credit. Those who fail to do so may be rejected as candidates.
4. As the name indicates, the NFL Fan Ring is for FAN SITES ONLY! If the page you're submitting is a commercial site, you will not be added to the ring.
5. Your NFL Fan Ring Banner must be at the correct URL and be fully functional. CLICK HERE for more info on proper banner installation.
6. Pages with broken links will be removed from the queue and asked to resubmit once their page is operating properly.
7. News-based sites dedicated to current events must be kept up-to-date. Sites that consist mostly of old, dated news from a season or two ago will be eliminated from the Ring. However, innactive sites that contain significant "tribute" material or other relevant information are considered viable and will remain in the Ring.
8. Pages devoted to sports in general should be submitted to a general sports WebRing. However, submission of a separarte NFL-based section of a general sports site is permitted.
9. Content should maintain a level of "proper decorum". If you have to ask yourself, "Is this offensive?", then it probably is... if the panel of voters has to ask themselves, "Is this offensive?", then you're probably screwed. Just use common sense, folks.
All new site applications are subject to a vote by the Panel of Voters of the NFL Fan Ring. For more information on the voting process, CLICK HERE.
Back to NFL Fan Ring Homepage